Sunday, August 29, 2010

Utah... Attack of the Allergies!!!

8/6/10

I headed off to Utah to visit my family and made sure to pack my running gear so I wouldn't be a slacker. Both my dad and step mom run so I figured I would be able to get some runs in.

Early morning comes and my dad pops his head in the room and asks if I want to run before it gets hot out. I'm not really a morning person since I work nights and all but I get out of bed and get ready. I get outside and the sun is blazing in my face! What??? Before it gets hot out?? It's feeling pretty warm to me all ready! So the old mad and I head down to the end of the driveway, I'm trying to get situated with my music and such. I bend down to tie my shoe, look up and he took off without me!! No warning, no looking back, just left me in the dust!

So I head off. I'm thinking to myself no problem, I can catch up to this guy, he's old. I'm running along and get pretty close behind him and I feel like he starts running faster. He has his music in so I don't think he's doing it on purpose. This guy is pretty fast! Now I know I'm not going to be able to catch him so I slow down and try to just keep a comfortable pace. What the heck! It's so hot out! I'm really struggling here. Then I start coughing, just a little, no big deal. Gosh, I haven't even gone over a mile and I feel like I need to walk. I start to walk for a bit while I'm looking around at all the houses, horses, barns and then noticed the hay, everywhere!!! Which I'm very allergic to. On a scale from 1-10, I'm an 11! Well that's what my doctor said. LOL.

I run a little bit more and ended up doing three miles ALONE since my father ditched me at mile zero and I was behind him for the rest of the run. I had to at least stay close enough to see him since I had no idea where I was going.

Then I start coughing, coughing and more coughing, which makes it hard to run. When I finally made it back to the house it was non stop coughing. I didn't bring my inhaler from home because I hardly use it and clearly I wasn't thinking. I ended up buying an over the counter medication which helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment