Friday, July 30, 2010

Is some better then none???

I work 12 hour night shifts from 7pm to 730am and this week I work seven of them in a row! I still need to fit time in for running otherwise I get lazy and it's even hard to start back up on my days off.

I get off work this morning and I'm tired! Going for a run is the last thing on my mind. I just want to go to sleep!! Sleeeeeep! I'm suppose to do 3 miles today. I say to myself, 30 minutes, that's it! While sitting in my car deciding if I should change my clothes, get out and go for a jog or just drive straight home I was giving myself small motivational talks.... It's only 30 minutes, you will sleep better, you can do it, 30 minutes!!

So, I changed my clothes, put on my running shoes and head out to the park. I went to the park across the street from my work. It has a nice little trail that goes up and down but nothing too big. I start going, hey this isn't too bad. However, not even half way into the jog I have to go pee really bad. I think I drank too much last night at work. I make it almost a mile and can't go any more, so I stop and use the restroom. Of course there is a guy in there cleaning them while I'm outside doing the pee pee dance. But it was a nice break because I was all ready so tired.

I start up again and soon after I start I'm dying! I'm out of breath, tired and feel like I need to stop again, so I do. I walked for a little bit and started back up. I think to myself, just go even slower and you can make it. I go for a little bit longer but I'm coming up to where my car is and I just gave up! I stopped and went home.

On the way home I'm so tired I'm worried I'm going to fall asleep. I only made it 2.5 miles and it sure was a struggle. However, is some better then none?? I'm really not sure?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Some is better than none & you tried so good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything is better than none. If you are that tired the sleep you need is even better. I really respect you for working those hours and still doing the running thing, well done!

    ReplyDelete